SUGAR BLISS

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Craving for churros..

Hello everyone!

It's been a week since I have something to write here on my blog. Actually, I have a lot of videos that I haven't uploaded yet to put here and tell a story about it.

But today, I want to share something. It's about my desire to eat churros. 
A churro, sometimes referred to as a Spanish doughnut, is a fried-dough pastry - predominantly choux—based snack. Churros are popular in Spain, France, the Philippines, Portugal, Latin America (including Spanish-speaking Caribbean islands) and the United States. There are two types of churros in Spain, one which is thin (and sometimes knotted) and the other which is long and thick (porra). They are both normally eaten for breakfast dipped in hot chocolate or café con leche.  

Since last week I'm craving for this pastry/doughnut called churro, but here in the Philippines we have our own version called bicho-bicho.  It's bigger than churro but it's almost the same in terms of cooking and serving.  Because of my busy schedule, i don't have time to cook it and not everywhere here, specially in our place have that kind of doughnut.  Until one afternoon I decided to cook it for my son's miryenda, finally!  After a long time craving, I must say it's worth it.  My son and hubby loves it!  We enjoy eating churro with our favorite chocolate ice cream, that I made too (my bad I haven't film it, to share it with you.)...  Anyway, this churro is not just for breakfast, it can be for snack, while watching movie or simply enjoy it with friends and family.  I prefer to do the usual churro that is being made in other country than our own bicho-bicho because I like the crisp of the small pieces that I've done since everyone in the family likes something crispy.  And we all love to eat it with chocolate ice cream than the usual chocolate dipping or hot chocolate, we find it challenging because of the  hotness and coldness of those two, LOL

 If you want to try this one, here is the list of Ingredients.
1 cup of bread flour
3/4 cup of water
1/4 cup of condense milk
1 tbsp of oil
dash of salt
1 tbsp of butter/margarine
1 beaten egg

If you want to watch how I made it.  Here is the video.



don't forget to 
subscribe to our youtube channel @  https://www.youtube.com/user/ladytiger0322
like page in facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/sugarblissevent
and follow me on twitter @ https://twitter.com/ladytiger_0322

Happy cooking and happy eating everyone...
Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment